Total's participation and interest in the UAE have evolved over time to include upstream oil and gas, LNG, Gas Renewables and Power, co-generation and solar power plus lubricants.
Since 1939, Total has forged ahead in applying the latest technology and innovation to enhance production while maintaining its emphasis on safety and environment. Committed to the host country, UAE, Total has carried out many actions and activities to develop local research and development, human capacity building and contribute to sustainable development in the UAE.
Beyond its industrial activities, Total is helping to raise higher education standards through its partnerships with key local universities and international scholarships. Total is present in the UAE across all elements of the energy sector. It has interests in several joint ventures, plus operational presence through its affiliate Total Abu Al Bukhoosh, Total Marketing Middle East blending plant, Total Unconventional Gas and via its trading branch TOTSA.
Total Marketing Middle East FZE, is involved in the manufacturing and marketing of Automotive, Industrial and Marine Lubricants along with Greases and Specialty products. The company is also active in Aviation Fuels and High Performance Motor Racing Fuels.
Total Marketing Middle East FZE operates in a highly competitive market environment and is committed towards providing latest technology products and service to it's customers.
To be amongst the market leaders in the countries it operates in. Being in line with customer demands for it to emerge as a most reputed brand. Ensuring high degree of Customer Satisfaction, preserving & enhancing the high levels of Quality and HSE performance. A committed contributor to the society by implementation of sustainable development policies.
Being a centre of expertise and excellence, providing an opportunity for professionals within the group, partners and stakeholders to share and learn the best practices and technology.
Ambitiously, it aims for being best in class through Global Excellence by 2018 demonstrated by sound, structured and innovative strategies deployed across all it's processes, resulting in positively impacting consistent results capable of being benchmarked within the group & across industry I industries.
Total Lubricants Blending Unit (TLBU), the manufacturing unit located in Jebel Ali Free Trade Zone Authority (JAFZA) in Dubai, commenced its production in the year 2000.
TLBU is the 3rd Largest Blending plant worldwide (capacity wise) within the Total Group. TOTAL Marketing Middle East activities comprise of 4 basic dimensions:
The perimeter of TLBU supply chain includes supplies to GCC countries, Arab league countries, CIS countries and affiliates of the group worldwide, predominantly in the African and Asian continent. The prime objective of the TLBU supply chain is “0” Accident, NO harm to the people and NO harm to the environment. TLBU is fully operational offering highly quality- oriented services. It has a product range of:
- Automotive lubricants
- Marine oils
- Gear oils
- Transmission oils
- Hydraulic oils
The plant was built in 1999 and has subsequently gone through series of capacity enhancements. Today, the plant is automated with the application of latest technology in blending and filling. It is currently rated at 225,000 metric tons of lubricants production per year.
To support the mainstream business of lubricants, the Greases Modular Unit (GMU) facility was also added to be a part of the portfolio of TLBU. It has a capability of 15,000 metric tons of greases. Greases manufacturing facility is one of the latest and a wide variety of greases can be produced including the complex greases. The plant is well equipped with latest laboratory testing instruments and has a very impressive track record in terms of Quality Assurance Management.
Furthermore, TLBU Plant has become one of the few lube oil blending plants in the Middle East to have “Four Certifications”:
- ISO 50001 – An Energy management standard
- ISO 9001
- ISO 14001
- OHSAS 18001
This plant has also received “Dubai Quality Award” in 2003 and JAFZA EHS Gold Category Awards in the year 2006 and 2008.
- 2001: One of the first companies in the region to be certified against upgraded ISO 9001 Quality Management standards
- 2004: Winner of Dubai Quality award for manufacturing based on European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) model by Department of Economic Development, Government of Dubai.
- 2004: Environmental management systems certified to meet ISO: 14001 standards.
- 2005: Safety management system Certified to meet International safety requirements System (ISRS), Level 7 for the first time.
- 2006: EHS Award for Environmental Performance by Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority.
- 2008: Dubai Health and Safety Gold award for Environmental Performance.
- 2010: Safety management system certified to meet OHSAS 18001 requirements.
- 2010: Sharing best practices with Jebel Ali free zone companies to enhance HSE culture.
- 2011: Royal Society for Prevention of Accidents (ROSPA) Gold Award.
- 2011: Environmental performance award from Ministry of Environment and Water.
- 2018: Product of the year Award in the lubricant section
Total Marketing Middle East has a wide network of partners across the GCC, Central Asia and the Middle East including: UAE,Kuwait, Oman, Sudan, Turkmenistan, Bahrain & Iraq with more than 50 major Official equipment manufactureres partners.
In addition to the list above, we have also as partners: ZF, Borgward Cars, Liebherr Tower Crane, XCMG, John Deere, Sandstorm, JINBEI, JMC, Borgward Cars, FAW, Yutong Buses, SSangyong, International Trucks.
Total in the Middle East has a strong relationship with its pretigious distributors. As partners, trust and commitment are mutual values we share together.
United Arab Emirates
AW Rostamani Trading Co. LLC
P.O. Box: 55424, Dubai
Tel: +971 4 2112 999
Fax: +971 4 2952 440
Gargash Motors and General Trading LLC
Address: 89, Al Khabaisi Area, Al Ittihad Rd. Deira
P.O.Box 1047, Dubai, UAE
Tel: +971 4 381 1900
AbdulMohsen Abdulaziz Al-Babtain CO
P.O. Box 2198,
Address: Safat 13022, Kuwait
Al Ghurair Lubricants Co. W.L.L
Address: Kuwait City, Ahmed Al-Jaber Street, Al-Zummorodah Tower
P.O.Box 2190, Mishref Code 40172, Kuwait
Tel: +965 2220 6107
Fax: +965 2220 6108
Towell Auto Centre LLC
Post Box: 1101,PC112.
Address: Muscat,Sultanate Of Oman
Tel: +968 24229122
Fax: +968 24503058
BRUPCO TRADING W.l.l.
Address: Bldg. 1075, Road 419, Salmabad 704
P. O. Box: 32233, Kingdom of Bahrain
PROPER TRADING & ENGINEERING CO.LTD.
Address: Office No. 15 - Block 12- Alamrat ST 5
Tel: +249-183 484848
Fax: +249-183 475864
P.O box:7285 Khartoum - Sudan
Email: [email protected]
Noor Energy General Trading
Address: AB Business Tower 05, Ashgabat City,Turkmenistan
Email: [email protected]
Yug-neftegaz Private Limited
Address: Archabil Avenue 41, ABC Business Center, Ashgabat, 744036
Tel: +993 655 52332 / +993 6556 0319
Fax: +993 1248 8512
Bashiri General Trading LLC Br.
Address: 1 Al Budoor Building, Al Maktoum Hospital Road, Dubai - UAE
Kefayat General Trading
Address: 2nd District , Dahan-e-Bagh Square, Parwan Business Center, Ground Floor, Kabul, Afghanistan
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 0799887780, 0780322020, 077795954
At Total UAE, the safety of people and operations, environmental protection, customer satisfaction and listening to stakeholders are at the heart of everything we do. Industrial hygiene, employee health and product quality are absolute priorities. In line with this, the following three health-related focuses are key aspects of our operations:
- Workplace Health, for our employees and service providers
- Health and the Environment, for people living and working near our facilities or likely to be exposed to them
- Health and Products, for our customers throughout the life cycle of our products
In response to the risks that may arise from our activities, we systematically implement a risk prevention and mitigation process that brings together front-line teams and specialists across all phases, from project design and execution to site dismantling and reclamation.
The process is built on industrial risk analysis and involves:
- Introducing standards that are applicable across the board
- Deploying an organization aligned with the risk management system
- Verifying correct application of the system following risk assessmentsThis verification takes the form of self-assessment and internal and external inspections and audits.
Road transportation and shipping safety are also an absolute priority, especially when hazardous materials are involved. Appropriate measures and technical and organizational tools are implemented to manage transportation-related risks. They include:
- The PATROM program to improve road transportation overseas
- The Transportation Management System
- The General Guidelines for Driving Light Vehicles for Africa and the Middle East
- Ship and barge vetting
- Routine inspection of maritime terminals in line with the Oil
- Companies International Marine Forum's (OCIMF) international standard
The environmental and community impact of our operations and products is routinely analyzed. Solutions are sought to manage risks, and all available resources are deployed to mitigate their impact. Our initiatives focus on four main areas:
- Managing waste and performing life cycle assessments
- Promoting new energies, energy efficiency and local economic development
- Protecting soil and water
- Reclaiming sites
Total strives to become a reference for the industry in terms of HSE commitments. We are committed to:
- Pursuing the goal of no harm to people.
- We protect the environment by identifying the environmental impact of our activities and taking actions as required reducing these impacts
- We use materials and energy efficiently to provide our products and services and most importantly promote a culture in which employees share this commitment
- We recognize staff participation is critical for HSE to function effectively hence we ensure regular trainings are imparted to our employees on Safety and we encourage our employees to STEP UP, STEP IN
- We manage HSE matters as any other critical business activity
Our Initiatives in Corporate Social Responsibility
Total Marketing Middle East initiates and supports social responsibility projects depending on the needs and challenges of the local communities. Our approach is a long-term commitment, and personal involvement of our employees.
Since 1999, Total has supported the Environment Agency of Abu Dhabi (EAD) in the preservation of Dugong. a rare marine mammal found in the UAE's coastal waters. Experts estimate that Abu Dhabi accounts for 40% of the Dugong population in the Arabian Gulf. In 2011, Total's partnership with EAD was extended for another three years.
In 2011, Total Marketing Middle East launched a three-week road safety awareness campaign in Dubai Called "My first license - I know my Road Rules", the campaign was run with the support of Dubai Police and reached 5000 students.
Now, done for over three consecutive years, this initiative was designed to inculcate road safety rules among children aged 5-9 years in UAE. Over 15000 students in Dubai now know their road safety rules thanks to Total!
Total was a founding partner of Petroleum Institute in Abu Dhabi, an engineering school established in 2001 and affiliated with Colorado School of Mines and the University of Maryland. The Institute sends around 150 graduates to Abu Dhabi National Oil Company every year.
The company actively supports a number of educational institutions in the UAE, including the Highest Colleges of Technology, the Institute of Applied Technology, and the Abu Dhabi Vocational Education Development Centre, which provides training and tuition to school leavers.
In 2008, Total launched the Total ABK-VEDC Academy in association with the Vocational Education and Development Centre (VEDC) and with support of ADNOC. The Academy offers capacity building programs for 30-40 UAE nationals per year to equip them for entry-level jobs in the oil and gas industry.
The academy is the first professional development institute of its type set up in the UAE by an international oil company.
Today, ABK Academy graduates are employed by Total ABK, Abu Dhabi National Oil Company and Bunduq Oil Company (Japan). ADMA-OPCO will started recruiting Academy graduates since 2014.